Has your dog been acting strange recently or exhibiting unusual behavior? Is your dog acting like a trouble maker? Have you tried many treatments but nothing just seems to be working?
All the trouble your dog has been causing you lately may make you think that you have a “bad dog.” You may also have become hopeless and feel that his behavior won’t ever improve. Your dog is not actually “bad.” Actually, he is suffering from what I call “separation anxiety.” And there are many methods to improve his behavior and cure his problem.
Many methods exist to cure “separation anxiety.” I know so. Trust me. I have been through the exact same problems as you. Therefore, I know all the causes, symptoms, prevention, and cures of “separation anxiety.” All the information I know about “separation anxiety” has been put together into my book called Curing Dog Separation Anxiety: Ending Bad Dog Habits Forever.
Here is more information about the book. There are a total of five chapters in the book. The first chapter explains the common emotions expressed by dogs. The second chapter explains what exactly dog separation anxiety is. The third chapter explains the signs and symptoms of dog separation anxiety. Chapter 4 explicates the prevention and treatment of the disease. Finally, chapter 5 explains the concept of good crating practices.
In this book, you’ll learn exactly separation anxiety is. It is basically an emotional problem exhibited by dogs. Separation anxiety is a state where the dog is emotionally distressed. Do you know the effects separation anxiety has on dogs? For example, one is barking excessively. This disease can causes dogs to bark nonstop and destroy furniture. This is just two common behavior exhibited by dogs suffering from separation anxiety but there are many more symptoms and behavior written in the book.
It is very likely that your dog is suffering from this disease, but you may not even know it. Well, you are not alone. Did you know that 14 to 35 % of dogs have separation anxiety, but 41% of dogs suffering from separation anxiety are not treated? This is because the owners either don’t know about the disease at all or they don’t know the treatment methods.
Before you begin treatment, you must completely learn about this disease to help your dog. Some information that you will find useful are:
- What are the main reasons behind separation anxiety?
- What are the causes?
- Which breeds of dogs are most prone to this disease?
- What mistakes will the owner make to help the dog?
- How do you go about stopping your problem? Some think that yelling will help, but you’ll be surprised to find that this will make things worse.How do you find out, whether your dog is actually suffering from this disease or is he really a bad dog? Maybe he just wants a new toy.
- You must understand the symptoms and causes thoroughly before taking any measures such as giving medicine that could be harmful if given for the wrong reasons. WRONG DIAGNOSIS WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE. Definitely consult a vet.Please have a look at this book to become clear about the causes and when it is actually separation anxiety.Let’s Determine Now: Does your Dog suffer from this Disorder?
Well, we can find out by looking at some of the sign and symptoms:
- Does your dog bark nonstop?
- Is your dog eating all the furnitures?
- Does he follow you from room to room?
- Is he not being able to control his feces?
Much other useful information is given to determine whether your dog has the disease. First of all, “dog separation anxiety” is same as maternal bond and the child or puppy can become anxious if separated from the parent.
Do you know that the severity of the disease varies from dog to dog? For example, some dogs get anxious when the owner is gone for an extended period of time. Some have such a severe case that they follow the owner from room to room.
Other questions to ask yourself to determine whether your dog could be suffering from this anxiety are:
- Other than destruction of household items, what other behaviors are associated with the anxiety? Don’t be surprised. It is not just limited to destruction of household objects, excessive salvation, eating disorders, and over excitement when the owner returns home are classic signs.
- What are the risk factors and which dogs are most prone to this disease? For example, symptoms get worse if another dog in the same house dies. If a new dog is brought to the house, the symptoms will not disappear. Dogs such as German shepherds are more prone to the disease because of their brain chemistry. Also, dogs that were abandoned at crucial stages in their lifetime are more prone to the disease.
- Do you suspect that maybe your dog has other problems? A trip to the Vet isn’t a bad idea.
Ask your veterinarian of maybe your dog should have an ECG. The correct assessment will reveal whether the dog has been diagnosed with the disease. You would need to go over the initial assessment of separation anxiety with the vet by filling out a questionnaire. You would have to answer questions about history and behavior of the dog. One type of history question asks about the age the puppy was acquired or whether the dog had multiple owners. It also asks whether the dog was an orphan. Behavior questions include whether your dog acts depressed or has a loss of appetite when the owner leaves. It also asks whether your dog repeatedly follows you around the house, or does your dog get depressed after you leave the house. The interpretation of the questionnaire is that if the answer was “yes” or “affirmative” to less than 3 of the questions, then it is not separation anxiety. But if the owner said yes to 5 out of 10 questions in the behavioral section, it is an indication of separation anxiety.
- Dog separation anxiety is a serious problem. My book is dedicated to helping you overcome this problem. This book will definitely help you and your family create a friendly happy environment for your loving pet.Cure your pet of separation anxiety today and get back that old cheerful pet that you used to have.This book is the perfect book that will teach you prevention and treatment. But it will be sold for $24.95. So please hurry and buy your copy today. If your dog is suffering or showing any of the signs and symptoms I talked about earlier you owe it to him to get this book today.